So, you’ve decided a little automation will make your life easier and your operations more efficient… Great!
Where to get started with Ansible… Here’s some helpful hints…
- Ansible Docs – http://docs.ansible.com
The community around Ansible (core) is the largest in OpenSource tooling…and growing by the minute, hence, it’s also one of the best documented projects.
Here you can find a wealth of knowledge: Quick-start guides, How-to’s, super detailed usage documentation with examples, etc.
- Free Ansible Training by Red Hat – https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/do007-ansible-essentials-simplicity-automation-technical-overview?
Red Hat offers a two-hour free course, which is a great way to learn some basics…
- Join a Local MeetUp Group – https://www.meetup.com/
MeetUps and User Groups are a great way to network and learn about tech. Depending on your location there could be many different tech groups that are free and open to the public!
- Community Online Resources – GitHub, Galaxy, etc.
There are numerous community hosted sites around sharing Ansible playbooks, roles, and example projects – All publicly available.
- Books – (via Amazon) – https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node%3D154606011&field-keywords=Ansible
There’s numerous detailed and helpful guides and reference books available. I have several of them. I’ve gotten to the point with my library where I prefer online versions but these are all available in print as well…
So, there you have it – a few ways of getting started in the journey Ansible automation….
#Ansible #Automation #OpenSource